CHICAGO, IL – Here is the update for the work done in March at the Shrine. Thankful and grateful to have such an amazing team to work with and have so much progress this month.
– Truss Nos. 1, 2, & 3 were delivered to the site
– Street Closure Permit was obtained
– Street Closure March 14: 64th street closed from Woodlawn to the ally to the east is closed to traffic
– Large Crane is located on 64th street until all trusses are replaced
– Purlins were removed from Truss 1
– Fire-damaged Truss 1 was removed and placed on the north side of the building
– Ironworkers removed the miscellaneous steel from the existing columns, then installed new bent plates on top of the columns for Truss 1. These are the plates that Truss 1 will be attached to – New Truss 1 was installed and purlins were installed to the west wall
– Purlins from Truss 2 were removed
– Fire-damaged Truss 2 was removed and placed on the north side of the building on top of Truss 1
– Purlins from truss 3 were removed
– Fire-damaged Truss 3 was removed and placed on the north side of the building on top of Truss 2
– Ironworkers removed the miscellaneous steel from the existing columns
– Ironworkers and currently working on installing the bent plates to receive Truss 2
– During the first week of April, Truss 2 and Truss 3 will be installed
The work is on schedule! Thank you to everyone who has provided support for this project. May you have a blessed Holy Weekend.